The stigma around men using skincare or going through depilation is that they are not “masculine” or “manly enough.” But the truth is that this has nothing to do with it. In fact, taking care of your skin or removing your hair can improve your overall appearance by keeping it healthy and young. So today, we will give you some basic tips to take care of your skin. We’ll also discuss the stigma and show you one of our latest technologies to achieve smooth and healthy skin.
The Stigma Around Men’s Skincare
The stigmas surrounding male skin care causes to avoid self-care. But why shouldn’t men have healthy and hydrated skin? On this point we will explain some possible reasons why this stigma exists.
Self-care and skin care are most dominated by women in different cultures. It is one of the only areas where men face a strong stigma against them. But…why? It seemed too feminine or not masculine to care for their skin with creams, serums, or masks.
Because men have been teached to act “strong” or “tough” , unable to show their emotions, feelings and self care, this goes in any areas that makes men feel less masculine and more sensitive. Men with acne aren’t encouraged to use soaps, creams or makeup to cover their blemishes to feel more confidence when being in public.
There’s also a relevant fact that fits on stigma, face products for men are generally marketed for “manly man,” which not every man can relate to.
Basic Routine For Men Skincare
- Wash your face daily and after exercise. Regular bar soap often contains harsh ingredients that can dry skin, so wash your face with a mild facial cleanser and do not wash with hot water.
- Watch your shaving technique. Before you shave, it is recommended to wet your skin to soften your hair. Use moisturizing shaving cream and shave in the direction of the hair growth. Change your blade after five shaves to avoid irritation. For men, sometimes multi-blade razors can work well, but if you often experience razor bumps or razor burns, use a double-blade razor instead, and do not stretch your skin while shaving.
- Moisturize daily. Moisturizer works by hydrating your skin, which reduces the appearance of expression lines achieving a brighter and younger skin. For better results we recommend applying it after showering or shaving.
- Wear sunscreen when going outdoors. To help prevent sun damage that can lead to problems such as wrinkles, age spots or even skin cancer apply sunscreen to all the exposed areas of the skin including your ears, neck and arms. You can protect your skin by seeking shade and wearing a long-sleeved shirt hat or sunglasses with UV protection.
- Check your skin regularly. Moles or spots that bleed, itch, or change color are often a warning signs of skin cancer, so if you notice suspicious spots, schedule an appointment to see the best dermatologist in Tijuana. Men over 50 have a higher risk of developing melanoma, a dangerous form of skin cancer. However, if this is caught early is treatable.
What Skincare Products Are Best For Men?
Nowadays, skincare is something considered genderless. Generally, the best skincare for men is different for women. What works for women usually does not work for men because skin is thicker, more oily and ages differently. The fundamental differences have to do with skin type and the fact that men grow facial hair.
These are the skin types:
- Normal skin. This type can tolerate different skin care products without harsh results or aggressive reactions.
- Dry skin. It can turn red when exposed to cold or winter elements. You may also have this type if you remove the natural oils from your skin by washing too much.
- Sensitive skin. Reacts to different products in different ways. You might have this skin type if you experience redness or burning when trying new skincare products.
- Oily skin. Causes your face to appear shiny or bright. You tend to have issues with acne more easily if you have this skin type.
You can also have a combination skin type, in which the center of your face can be dry, but other parts of your face can be oily.
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
It is important to say that skin care is not just about using creams, soaps, or serums. Skin care also involves other things, such as laser hair removal. Hairy men are seen as masculine in different cultures. Because of this, men see hair removal as inappropriate for them when it’s the opposite…
The main benefits are:
- It prevents ingrown hairs.
- Improves skin problems.
- Saves you from having to endure regrowth.
- Rejuvenates your skin.
- It doesn’t irritate your skin
At Bellphoria, you will find the latest technology in hair removal.
Diode Laser For Hair Removal
The Primelase diode laser will allow you to shave and show off smooth, soft, and healthy skin. Its 4 different wavelengths and applicators offer high precision in its use for other areas of the body and face. It works with USP (Ultra Short Pulse) technology to reduce hair follicles, allowing hair to be removed quickly, durably, and without irritation.
What Does It Do?
- Hair Removal. It progressively weakens the hair until it is eliminated, thus achieving a smooth skin.
- Improves skin problems. This treatment allows the elimination of cystic hair, improving conditions such as folliculitis and hidradenitis suppurativa (among others), as well as problems of excess hair growth due to hormonal causes.
- Rejuvenates the skin. It stimulates the skin’s collagen production, giving it a younger look by keeping it hydrated.
How Much Is Laser Hair Removal?
It depends on the area you need, but your savings with Bellphoria are between 75% and 89%.
You should not be ashamed to care for your skin or remove your body hair. It’s nothing to be embarrassed about since it improves your wellness. We hope that this article has given you some basic tips. If you’re looking for the best solutions, contact us to schedule an appointment and get the best laser hair removal technology available. At Bellphoria, we help men to achieve smooth and healthy skin.