Do you have acne scars and currently looking to get rid of them? These are common problems for people with different types of acne. At Bellphoria, we have the best acne scar treatment to improve your overall beauty and achieve healthy-looking skin! Today, we will provide tips on preventing new acne scars from forming and how to get rid of acne scars.
What Are Acne Scars?
Acne scars are areas of raised or pitted skin. They are the result of damage to the skin due to acne. When developing acne, your body repairs your skin by forming collagen fibers. If your body produces low collagen, scars can occur, but if your body has too much, then raised acne or keloid scars can appear.
Our team of dermatologists separates acne scars into four types.
Types Of Acne Scars
- Rolling scars. These are wide depressions with rounded edges and give a wave-like appearance.
- Boxcar. This type looks like U-shaped scars with sharp edges that can be shallow or deep. The more external they are, the better they answer to skin treatments such as Microdermabrasion which is great for almost all skin types.
- Ice pick scars. They look like V-shaped scars that can go deep into the skin. They can look like oval holes or small rounds. This type of acne scar is the most difficult to treat because of its deep reach under the skin’s surface.
- Raised or keloid scars. These scars are most common on the chest and back, caused by too much collagen production during healing. If you have keloid scars, it is important to visit our dermatologists so we can help you determine the best treatment that suits your needs and also make sure that those marks on your skin are really scars and not other skin conditions.
How Can I Prevent Acne
- Do not pop your pimples. Popping a spot may be tempting for you, but this does more harm than good. When you do it, you release bacteria and all the oil out of the pimple on your skin, leaving an open wound, creating more acne, and leading to scars.
- Use salicylic acid. If applied topically, salicylic acid reduces swelling, clears pores, and exfoliates the skin. It is one of the best treatments for acne scars. You can add it to your daily skincare routine! It is important to say that it might take some weeks to notice the effect.
- Wear sunscreen. Sunscreen isn’t just for fun in the sun! Solar damage can darken spots and scars from acne, so we recommend applying sunscreen daily.
- Moisturize your skin. Keeping your skin moisturized can help you to achieve youthful and radiant skin! It helps existing acne scars look less noticeable by uniting your skin texture and tone.
You May Also Like: Top 5 Reasons Why Korean Beauty Is So Popular
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
How To Treat Acne Scars: Scarlet SRF The Latest Solution.
Scarlet SRF is a system that combines two of the most effective anti-aging procedures: Microneedling with Radiofrequency. This technology applies short-wave radio frequency below the superficial layer of the skin through microneedles that stimulate collagen production.
What Does Scarlet SRF Microneedling Do?
- Minimizes Acne Scars. It drastically fades scars caused by acne.
- Rejuvenates Your Skin. It tightens and lifts your skin, leaving it smooth and glowy.
- Improves Your Skin Health. Scarlet also treats conditions such as varicose veins, acne, stretch marks, and rosacea.
Scarlet SRF Microneedling is the latest cosmetic treatment to safely and quickly remove facial and body sagginess. Here are some frequently asked questions about this aesthetic technology.
Is Scarlet SRF Painful?
No, patients experience no pain.
How Long Does Scarlet SRF Last?
The results can last from six months to a year, depending on your general skin condition and other procedures to maintain and boost your appearance.
How Many Sessions Are Needed For Scarlet SRF Microneedling?
For optimal results, between three and four treatments are recommended.
How Long Does A Scarlet SRF Session Take?
The session can take ten to twenty minutes for small areas (like the neck or chest). It may take between thirty minutes to an hour for larger body areas.
How Should I Prepare For My Scarlet Session?
- No makeup.
- Don’t use any moisturizers or perfumes.
- Avoid drinking any alcoholic beverages and anti-inflammatory medications.
- Don’t wear tight clothes. Wear loose clothing that can be easily removed.
Don’t let acne scars turn off your glow! If you’re looking for the best acne scar treatment, our team of dermatologists is here to help. We have a variety of treatments that will give you the best results improving your appearance and giving you beautiful-looking skin! Contact us today and schedule an appointment!